Website Acreage Holdings Co.
**SECOND SHIFT: 4PM TO 2:30AM, MONDAY – THURSDAY**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary: The Processing Technician will be responsible for various processes associated with cannabis product development. The Technician provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to process and package clean high quality, safe medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a keen attention to detail and record keeping, and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. The entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the Company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The main responsibilities of the Processing Technician include all aspects of the daily care of medicine from harvest to packaging; monitoring weights and measurements; presentation; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the processing area.
- Assists in harvesting, processing and packaging finished medicine
- Keeps accurate records on each plant using Company system and protocols
- Records and tracks accurate weights and measurements of medicine throughout the processing and packaging procedures using company systems and protocols
- Maintains a clean, safe environment inside the processing area
- Inspects medicine for defects using a variety of magnification tools
- Calibrates, operates, cleans, and stress packaging equipment including heat sealers, etc. according to Company policy and as directed by the Processing Manager
- Maintains quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product
- Ensures compliance with State regulations and testing requirements
- Prepares inventory reports to ensure products are available, on point and in demand
- Maintains inventory of supplies, materials, equipment, including material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products
- Ensures accurate weighing and inventory
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of cannabis medical products (distillate, oils, tinctures, topicals, concentrates, edibles etc.)
- Receive, unpack, and deliver goods/supplies; re-stock items as necessary; label shelves etc.
- Review the processing schedule and forecasts for key dates, quantities, strains, etc.
- Advise on the effects of management decisions relating to processing, strain selection, and processes
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree in biology or chemistry, preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in horticulture, botany, or related field, preferred.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenge
Mandatory Qualifications: A successful candidate will need to be at 18 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Must complete State and Federal background checks and fingerprinting.
- Knowledge of basic computer and office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; Office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Mechanical skill
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.
To apply for this job please visit vangst.com.