Website Acreage Holdings Co.
SCHEDULE: 10-HR SHIFTS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary: The Extraction Technician is responsible for the production of cannabis extracts and products, along with cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Recording and entering data in multiple forms, and associated tasks assigned by management. The individual has the responsibility of extracting, refining, and purifying cannabinoids removed from plant material into concentrated forms using various solvents. The individual will also assist in the filling and packaging of medical cannabis derived products.
Duties and Responsibilities (Include the following, other duties may be assigned): The main responsibility of the Extraction Technician is to perform operations to remove and refine cannabinoids from plant material. As well as assisting with the packaging of various types of concentrated products.
- Prepares equipment (extractor, solvent reclamation, and extract refinement) for processing; uses equipment to extract and refine cannabis materials in accordance with Company brand standards, policies, and procedures
- Safely and effectively perform all methods of the cannabis extraction and refinement processes directed by Management, including but not limited to, ethanol and hydrocarbon extractions, winterization, filtration, ethanol recovery and distillation.
- Performs inventory control actions including weighing, labeling, packaging, and product logging, recording all measurable data, in accordance with state
- Follow policies & procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with all state medical marijuana regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Performs daily safety inspections for extraction systems
- Keeps safety in mind at all times and communicates potential hazards in the workplace to the Manager and Leads
- Executes cleaning and maintenance for the lab and extraction equipment as required by procedures and manufacturer specs.
- Assist in packaging approved manufactured products into their designated packaged materials for dispensing; this may include syringe filling, capping, vape cartridges, tincture bottles, etc. and assembly of product containers.
- Wash and sanitize lab surfaces, glassware, equipment, and any other ancillary lab equipment.
- Open to constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Positively responds to team’s questions, concerns and suggestions and take immediate action as necessary to resolve conflicts.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in terms of operating computer & office equipment (Google Suite; Sheets, Docs, Drive. Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Office Equipment; Copiers, Printers, Telephone Systems).
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Proficient in Math required for inventory and measurements.
- Proficient knowledge of Basic Biology and Chemistry related to Solvents, Fluid Dynamics, Thermo Dynamics, and Lab equipment.
- Experience complying with GMP Standards.
Skills and Abilities
- Organizational skills (vis-a-vis managing the team and data)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a proven track record of delivering against multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional time-management skills; Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and deliver.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; reliable and honest.
- Attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality finished products
- Strong communication/listening skills, and ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to remain calm in potential periods of high stress or unusual activity.
- Skill at using tools and resources such as Computers, Wrenches, Hammers, and Pumps.
- Ability to spend an extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet.
- Close visual focus required.
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects. Mandatory Qualifications: A successful candidate will need to be at 18 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Must complete State and Federal background checks and fingerprinting.
Mandatory Qualifications: A successful candidate will need to be at 18 years of age and in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Must complete State and Federal background checks and fingerprinting.
About Acreage Holdings Co.
Headquartered in New York City, Acreage is a multi-state operator of cannabis cultivation and retailing facilities in the U.S., including the company’s national retail store brand, The Botanist. Acreage’s wide range of national and regionally available cannabis products include the award-winning Botanist brand, the highly recognizable Tweed brand, the Prime medical brand in Pennsylvania, the Innocent edibles brand in Illinois and others. Acreage also owns Universal Hemp, LLC, a hemp subsidiary dedicated to the distribution, marketing and sale of CBD products throughout the U.S.
Since its founding in 2011, Acreage has focused on building and scaling operations to create a seamless, consumer-focused, branded experience. More information is available at www.acreageholdings.com.
To apply for this job please visit vangst.com.